Sunday, April 09, 2006

Chn-->Bangkok-->Tokyo-->Seattle

The Thai airways flight from Chennai to Bangkok was fully jam packed and as usual the flight comfort was not even comparable to the Indian railways sleeper class. Anyways the highlight of the journey was big tour group on their way to Bangkok (conducted by JTB). For the first time in so many years I saw people pateling inside the plane. It looked a bit weird, but it was fun to see the faces of some of the foreigners. After that I dozed off, only to be woken up by strains of apdi podu from few rows behind me. And lo behold, some kind of antashkari was going on in there. About the flight service, it was mediocre, I was expecting a little bit better from Thai airways. Following points summarize my virgin flight experience with Thai airways:
• Seats were too cramped
• Food was ok, nothing much to mention about.
• Air hostesses were wearing a pretty traditional dress. (Hopefully airlines will go into cost cutting sometime soon )

If not for some eye candy provided by sexy gal in a skimpy adidas top, it would have been one of my worst flights ever.

So finally the flight landed and I woke up fully cramped up (I should have done all the exercises they were showing on the monitor) and we entered the SwarnaBhumi airport at Bangkok. Bangkok. I could not see much of the airport as there wasn’t much time between the flights and also it was deserted at the wee hours of the morning. Got my boarding pass, went through security, and answered few questions of the suspicious airport officials. If you will see my passport, you will get suspicious too, though I feel Europeans/Americans in general are a more trusting race as compared to us, Asians. (I am good at making sweeping generalizations.)

And the misfortunes of my journey continued, I got a seat in the middle this time. And surprise was that there was another desi sitting besides me, I think that was the only other desi in the flight, do these airlines guys have some algorithm to make the guys from same country sit together. The scenery around was somewhat pleasant this time and journey passed peacefully.

Now I am sitting in the Narita airport, Tokyo and trying to type this, surrounded by lots of Japanese chicks.

This one seems to be pretty good airport, even the Bangkok airport had a pretty big shopping section. But still the shopping area of Heathrow seems to out shadow ‘em all. Or might be I am biased towards Heathrow as you hear some Punjabi or Hindi talk in every third shop. And if you go to Heathrow, make sure you go to the Nike shop there and spend some time. The reason for this recommendation, ah, it should not be too difficult to guess, there is an awesome looking desi gal that works there. The big difference between the European route and eastern route is that there are few desi’s on the eastern route. So all the veg people think atleast two times before traveling this side, you might not get all that aloo gobhi here

Man, I think I need to learn Japanese or whatever language these gals sitting besides me are talking in and laughing aloud. Thankfully I don’t suffer from the same phobia as one of our managers suffers from, otherwise I would have gone into depression thinking that these gals are talking about me and laughing.

I think I will sign off now, wrote everything that I saw in the few hours I was awake during this journey.

Enjoy maadi

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

chill pill...
so finally at Seattle... God save Seattle and the chicks around...

Sookie said...

Cool...you are in Seattle...Welcome back to US!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh! So the adidas girl came along with u in the flight!!! Obviously u didn’t try n talk to her.....
N then blame me for not helping u find a girl for urself...
BTW, the cycle girl is not to be seen at all....i tried going for my walk at different times, but na na na!!!!
mmhh hmmmm....Is she in seattle too???? :-)
Nyways, all the best for chick-hunting this time!If not Seattle, Canada isn't far away ;-)

Anonymous said...

hai hai....
Cycle waali cycle karthe karthe Seattle pahunch gayee...:P:P

naVee said...

Yaar cycle waali to ab sapne main he aati hai :-) Seattle kahan aagee woh

Anonymous said...

yahan tho bol raha tha... woh bachi lagthi hai... wahan pe jaake sapnom mein aane lagi...
wah kya baat hai...
*DESPO*