Friday, April 28, 2006

Sound waves, risin' & fallin'

Ain't our lives like that, I know you won't agree, but when have we agreed before,,,

Looks like start of another abstract post, but it ain't one. I am just gonna list down few of the songs that I have been playin around these days. It is quite a mixed bag, so here they go.

1. Your Bangles||Dr. Zeus feat. Master Rakesh||Streets: This is another mix of the classic "Kangna tera ne", by Zeus himself. The original is so good, so whichever way you twist or turn it, its always gonna be sweet for the ears. Also I have a lil' sweet spot for the girl in 'Gangster' named Kangna, so I think I am somewhat biased towards this song.

2. Tings||Dr. Zeus feat. Lehmber||Streets: Another great mix from Zeus. I dunno how this keeps on improving such classics. For the uninitiated this is the mix of '3 cheeja'n' (three things) from Unda da Influence album. The female hook in this song just takes it up another level.
Sach de manzil aukhi hai, jehre mil de hai mar mar ke,
Jaa thal vich sarh jayeye, ja phir kache ghare te tar ke,

3.Separation||Dr. Zeus||Streets: This one reminds of the old skool Ranjit Mani tracks. All those college love tracks of 90's,like 'Kathe college padhde sa','Mere ranjhe da Principal je' etc. Getting nostalgic...I will leave this track at this,,

4. Fanaa for you||DJ Aqueel feat Shaan & Kailash Kher||OST Fanaa: DJ Aqueel rocks it again. The guitar riffs do the trick in this track for me, and Kailash Kher rocks as usual. More on him later, I have been listening to his album quite a bit, but it deserves a separate posting for itself. And I think this is last movie for which Jatin-lalit are giving music as a pair.

5. Tu hi Meri Shab hai||Pritam feat KK||OST Gangster: I have been fan of gangster movies for a long time, but this one got great soundtrack. Wanna hear a soothing song at the end of day, this is da one. KK's got it nailed to the perfection. And bollywood's famous Kiss machine Emraan always get the best songs. This song is one the evergreen variety, you can compare it with tracks from flicks like 'Phir teri kahani yaad aaye'( I know all ya Anu malik fans will be grinning)

6. Mujhe Mat roko||Pritam feat. Kavya seth||OST Gangster: Dont stop me, jus' let me go ... This subtle dedication to love, is just amazing. I haven't heard such a brilliant song for a long time, its got a sufi tilt to it,it brings out the pain of a soul longing for its body, a creature longing for its creator, the dedication to pursue HIM to the end.

Part 2 coming as soon as I get some time ....

No comments: